The face to face interview is generally the last step before final selection. This is also the most crucial part of the whole recruitment process. This is the stage where you meet your prospective employer directly and they grill you on your skills, attitude, behaviour and knowledge regarding your qualification. Beginning with a simple introductory part, you will be asked questions that will test your knowledge. You will be quizzed on how you handle the situations and you may also be asked why at all they should hire you for this particular job. So, to avoid any untoward situation, be ready to face every possible situation. Let’s know, what you should know before you get ready for RRB PO Interview.
1). Don’t be nervous, Be Confident!
It’s no secret that employers like to hire people who are confident in their interviews. But how do they judge this? And what are the best ways to show confidence in an interview? This is all that you should remember:
Keep Eye Contact
Practice keeping good eye contact while listening as well as while speaking! Most people find this harder to do when speaking. There’s nothing more important than eye contact when it comes to showing confidence, and it’s extremely noticeable if you’re staring down or to the side when you talk.
Check your body language
Once you’ve made a habit of maintaining eye contact, it’s time to think about your body language. You should not cross your arms while you sit, not legs as well. Make your body take up a lot of space, rather than making yourself smaller. This is how to seem confident.
You are not fully dressed if you have not weard a smile on your face. Confident people smile. Nervous people grimace or wrinkle their face up and look super serious or distracted. Even if you have to say “Sorry Sir/Mam” if you don’t know the answer to some question, don’t be nervous keep a little smile on your face. You are not expected to be Google. So, smile and try to keep relaxed &calm facial expressions.
Don’t be hasty to answer, talk slowly!
Don’t blurt out answers and don’t rush yourself. Confident people take their time, and aren’t afraid to say, “that’s a great question, let me think for a second…” An interviewer is always ready for this rather than being ready for your hasty stupid answer. So, think before you speak, if required.
Also don’t be afraid to ask them to clarify the question if you’re not sure. This is much than anticipating the question by yourself and lending up giving a wrong answer.
2). Read about the Organisation
The interview for Regional Rural Banks is expected in the month of November, so this is the right time to start your preparation if you have not started at all. The first question that comes into the mind is, then what to read? Here we have some most important topics relevant to Regional Rural Banks. Though the list is very long, yet we have prioritised 25 most important topics that you should understand and learn before you proceed further. Take your time and read all these:
- Detailed Overview of Regional Rural Banks
- Kishan Credit Card Scheme
- Kishan Vikas Patra
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
- Highlights of Budget 2018-19
- Priority Sector Lending
- What is Monetary Policy?
- Much talked Ayushmaan Bharat Scheme
- Sashkat Scheme for NPA resolution
- What is Core Banking Solution?
- What is Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016?
- Who is Banking Ombudsman?
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- Do you know what is Letter of Undertaking?
- What is NPA?
- Do you know Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme?
- What is Mudra Yojana?
- What are the different types of Bank Accounts?
- Different types of risks in the Banking Sector?
- Does Prompt Corrective Action apply on Regional Rural Banks?
- What are Small Finance Banks?
- What are Payment Banks?
- Do you know about Atal Pension Yojana?
- What is the Goods and Services Tax?
- What is Gross Domestic Product or GDP?
When Document Verification & Interview will be?
Before you will appear for the Interview, they will verify your documents. As soon as you will report at the venue, on the date and time of the interview, they will start the document verification process. You are required to produce following documents*(Read notification for details) in addition to their self-attested copies:
- Print out of the Application form. Don’t worry if you have not downloaded it earlier or lost, IBPS will provide the link to download the same before the interview.
- Date of Birth Certificate or Matriculation Certificate to verify your date of birth.
- All the documents related to your qualification, through which you will be able to verify that you fulfil all the conditions.
- Category certificate if belongs to any category other than general.
- Your valid Identity Proof.
- Print out of the interview call letter.
As soon as they will complete the document verification and the Interview panel is ready, they will ask one by one to appear before the panel. Generally, the interview panel is of 4 to 5 persons (man and woman combined) in RRB PO Interview.
Feel like Rajan
Feel like Rajan doesn’t mean that you should feel like “I do What I do” but we simply mean that you should feel confident like him and to feel like a pure banker from inside. There is no need to panic for “What the Interviewer will ask?”. He or She will ask what he/she wants to, you can’t control it. We can just control our attitude, our behaviour, and the words we speak.
We wish you all the best! Do share with your friends, if it can help them as well.